Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Rainy Days and Mondays...

I know that there are people who really enjoy rainy days (lucky you!), but I'm not one of them.

Some people get headaches and other yucky feelings when there's a low pressure system and I'm not one of them either, but still, rainy days always bring me down. I just want to go back to bed and stay there. Sigh...

This morning I already drove the boys to school and dropped off a cake for my son's teacher that I baked last night (and, BTW didn't really come out well... after taking hours to bake and basically burn, so frustrating), but I need to get in the car and drive to teach my class at U#1.

Gladly, U#2 is on Spring Break this week (so yesterday, even though it was a gorgeous sunny day, I did go back to bed as I wish I could do today). OK, let me try to think positive. It's just one class and then I meet with some friends and then I can come back home. And maybe... even crawl back into bed early? Nah... probably not! ;-)

3 comments:

jo(e) said...

The only good thing about a stretch of rainy, gloomy weather is that when the sun does come out, it feels like a miracle.

J said...

Oh man. Seriously. I'm feeling that low pressure headache right now. It's much better when it's actually RAINING... I love it when it rains. But when it's overcast and dreary and dull and unproductive (as far as rain is concerned!) my body doesn't like it at all.

Even the reminder to myself that the sun and blue skies are up there somewhere is not of comfort today. The only thing that keeps me going is that I know I live in a place where there's always blue skies at least once a day! Hoping for it!

Heidi said...

I deal with the rain by counting the flowers that are coming up in my yard. And baking biscuits and making soup and wearing my bright green $2 raincoat from Goodwill.