Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Poor Boys! Or The Quick PA Trip Fiasco


It was only after we drove several hours to reach the greater Philadelphia area and we got out of the car when we arrived at our friends’ house that we found out the BIG mistake of our quick trip: in packing the car after he got home K had not packed the boys’ bags (which SADLY, in my hurry to get ready after K got there, I had forgotten to bring from their bedroom to the hallway). -->And that’s officially the longest sentence ever! ;-)

What a blunder!! My poor boys! Both only wearing t-shirts and thin sweatpants in freezing weather when they had each packed their bags by 3 pm and made sure that they had everything they needed. Of course they have their Sherpa lined hoodies and we had brought my youngest’s jacket and a zippered fleece for the oldest. They also have two pairs of shoes and one pair of slippers, but no other clothes.

It is only a two-day trip, but tomorrow afternoon we’ll drop them off with my brother-in-law’s family and they’ll stay with them until Thursday morning. My husband will get there on Tuesday and he can bring them clothes, but I think we’ll still have to buy some staples such as underwear, socks and maybe long winter underpants if we can find them.

And tomorrow I’ll ask my SIL to bring a change of clothes for my youngest for when we meet up (we’re going to a friend’s birthday party), since he’s the same size as his cousin.

Sigh. Last night he boys were pretty indignant, but I told them that someday we would certainly laugh at this situation. My 11 year old didn’t want to sleep on his clothes, so I had him wear my fleece pajama top and fleece leggings I have and I put one of my tighter long sleeve t-shirts on my youngest so he’d have warm arms during the night.

And now we’re going to Longwood Gardens in the snow… and wish us luck trying to sightsee in Philly in this weather! I knew about the bad weather, but I still needed to come in spite of it.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh, dear! They will for sure survive. And also probably laugh about it later!