Friday, January 04, 2013

It's a GIRL!!!! :-)

On 12/19 our family received wonderful news (that those of you who are my friends on fb already know! ;)
I am going to have a niece!!! 

My only brother got his wish and their next baby, who's due in April and who will be only 18 months younger than my cute nephew, will be a girl!!! A blue or green-eyed, curly-haired little girl!!!

Funnily enough, my friend in TX whom I see every few years and who never reads my blog wanted to confirm the news and visited my blog, but couldn't find anything here! (I was so busy with my sons' school Xmas program and then with grading that I never got around to sharing this/these[?] momentous news!). She should have gone to fb instead, I told her! ;-)

Before we found out, I had already bought some baby girl clothes at the request of my mom and sent them to Brazil so in case it was a girl my mom could surprise them at Christmas! In the end she gave these to them as my presents! ;-)

I snapped these cute 3-6 months matching items at Gymboree for around 10 dollars!
 And this super cute newborn outfit is from Target:

I just couldn't resist this blue onesie (my SIL loves blue):
(I have yet to find a "Big Brother" t-shirt for my nephew, if you know who sells one, PLEASE let me know!)

Today I couldn't resist and bought two more adorable outfits. I will have to budget clothes shopping for my niece, that's for sure! I just wish I knew when I will meet her and my nephew. :-( I'm still happy, though, particularly for my brother. I had no idea that he wanted a girl so much and (like me) had been disappointed the first time around. He deserves to have the most beautiful daughter in the world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our hospital gift shop sells big brother and big sister shirts. Maybe yours does too?

Heidi said...

Congratulations to you and them! That's wonderful news!