Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Classroom Teaching Etiquette Complaint

New semester, new classroom, new annoyances...

Why, I wonder every day I arrive in class to teach (in a newly renovated classroom, yay!), why can't the professor who teaches right before me erase the blackboard full of notes from his class? (s/he is also much taller than me, so I can hardly erase the top part of the board...)

Why?

I think this is one of the most basic classroom etiquette requirements, isn't it?

When I leave, I not only erase everything I've written on the board, but I also make sure I lift up the screen and turn off the video projector, the lights and the window air conditioning unit (unless there are students from the next class and they ask me to leave the AC on).

It's a little thing -- the board full of messy writing in another language -- but it does take some precious time from my 50 minutes of class!

Sigh...

Should I try to find out who s/he is and ask this person to do hir part? What would you do?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I do not know what I would do. Probably feel frustrated like you do! I might look for an opportunity to get acquainted with the person, whoever it is, and wait for an opportunity to ask...nicely.... :)