Thursday, January 03, 2013

1/3/13 - I wanna be labeled

a few minutes late, as usual, and lots to say, but no time.

I have a bunch of very depressing thoughts regarding the new year that slowly seeped into my mind during yesterday's long trip back home. I just couldn't help them. I tried to ward them off and whisk them away, but driving back home reminded me of going back to work and going back to work...

... well, I will open that can of worms at a later time, OK?

I just thought of another "resolution" I want to share for the new year and promptly forgot about it!

Oh, OK, I remembered! (and then went and wrote the second part of the title of the post).

This year I want to be labeled. OK, not correct word, should I say diagnosed instead? Yeah, I need to know for sure whether I have ADHD or not (has it been re-named ADD in the last book?). Spanish Prof. should know. I think I'll keep calling it ADHD because the hyperactive part is definitely 100% me. Sigh...

The truth of the matter is, the condition, that I'm almost 100% sure I suffer from, has been bothering me more and more as days go by. Oftentimes I feel like can't really function or do anything useful at all! I could just go on and on about this, but won't.

Thinking about it right now just makes me a little sad. If I do get labeled/diagnosed, I want to seek treatment. I really and truly need help.

So, there you go. I never even planned on writing this post and making this a resolution, but here it is.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I would too, if I were you. Labeling can give you such assurance about what path to pursue. And then if you DON'T get that label, you'll at least know that's not your issue. :)