Thursday, January 31, 2013

Losing Sleep

I've been waking up on my own before 6:45 for the past two days (after going to sleep at my regular time of 1 am or later).

Unfortunately this whole job situation is taking its toll on me. I just can't stop stressing about it. :(

I have a meeting with one of the coordinators in the department, one of the people who interviewed me back in the Fall. I spent sometime yesterday with my office mate after our yoga class discussing what I should say to him... sigh.

And last night I was just rehearsing in my head what I should say before falling asleep. No wonder I can't relax and wake up extra early.

Prayers & thoughts are appreciated!

P.S. I haven't even written the post in which I share the interesting development of my "tele-teaching" adventures! My unexpected success in this area (and the other stressful situations I blogged about) is one of the things that pushed me to try to make a stronger case for myself to the department. I'll try to share more later... it's exciting, but I also feel angsty about it for other reasons (my desire to be an "adjunct activist").

1 comment:

Anjali said...

Hi Lilian,

Just catching up reading these posts. I'm sorry it's been so stressful. I hope you get some answers soon!