Monday, November 01, 2010

NaBloPoMo - 4th year in a Row

Well... here we go again, this is my fourth year of NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month).

I hope to write some mildly interesting posts, but this will not be one of them. :-p

November... it's an OK month. I think Fall is pretty and all, but it's not my favorite time of the year. And winter, which this month begins to usher, is my least favorite season too... I do think that summers are just exceedingly hot in the U.S. (they really aren't bad like this in Brazil, only perhaps in the Northeast or for a few days at a time) and that's why a lot of people seem to enjoy the cooler temperatures in the Fall, but I prefer hot weather.

Today I was walking on campus when one of the reasons why I don't like winter dawned on me. One can't wear cute clothes in winter, particularly not cute shoes (I love cute, and cute shoes are one of my weaknesses). I pretty much wear clogs-style shoes all winter long, boots once in a while or sensible waterproof shoes if it's snowing or wet. Not pretty, not cute. I also wear lots of dark colors (and I'm OK with that) and I enjoy wearing hats, but they make one's hair get all weird. Oh, and not to mention how cold I get (I know, it's part of my "small body privilege," I'm not complaining, I swear). I wear long underwear or leggins under my pants all winter long, six long months.

So, yeah... I don't much care for a winter wardrobe. If I could afford really nice winter clothes I think I'd be fine, but, as it is, summer clothes are way cheaper (in the off season) and I have tons of cute summer dresses, sandals, blouses, crop pants, etc.

I can't wait for summer and I'm already tired of my winter clothes even before I get to wear them. I bought a few new things and a pair of boots, but I know I have to be sensible and not spend money on clothes when we have to save to buy a house. (ah, that will be exciting!).

OK, this has probably bored you to tears, so I'll stop. Is there anything you'd be curious to know or that I should blog about? I will try to post some photos too.

1 comment:

jo(e) said...

I have to admit that I get really sick of wearing warm socks, long underwear and boots all winter long. When the first warm day comes in the spring, it always feels so good to shed all that clothing.