Monday, November 15, 2010

Super-Ultra-Efficient

I still can't believe it's true, but I just ordered our holiday cards and will be picking them up at Costco tomorrow.
This is the most efficient I've been about holiday planning in my life. (Can't you see my grin? :)

We just joined Costco, having been faithful BJ's customers for years, but now it's our best option. And we're loving it. The produce section is really great (if you don't mind non-local stuff, that is). You see, I love, love, love our farmer's market and eating as locally as possible, but I'm sorry, I really need to eat fresh fruits and vegetables year round. We're seriously considering slowly transitioning into a vegan diet, so we'll need even more of the colorful and green stuff.

Note to self: I need to sign up for a CSA for next year!!!

Anyway... I've also found great presents for the boys at Costco (books! more about them later in the season). This year it's going to be all books all the time for everyone!

I'm going to wrap up, but this wasn't mean to be today's post. Maybe I'll post one of the other ones (a linky post to a Slate article), but the other will have to come later (a more or less whiny post about health).

So, yeah... I'm really happy with my efficiency right now. :)

1 comment:

Rene said...

I like the book idea. I brought several books back from the States for Entropy to give to his school friends as birthday presents. Does that put me in the same category as the parents who give out apples and toothbrushes on Halloween?

I have some ideas, but Skype or e-mail me a Christmas wishlist for your family. I need to do more holiday planning of my own. ;-)