Sunday, October 31, 2010

I want to thank Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, from the bottom of my heart for...


... bringing my precious niece to Washington D.C.!

For those who don't remember the significance of a girl in this family, let us back track. My parents-in-law had four sons. Until September 31st when baby A was born, they had six grandsons (my son is the eldest of the six since K is their eldest son).

My sister-in-law is a huge fan of Jon Stewart and when she was planning her 10 day visit to the U.S. she changed her whole trip around in order to attend the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear! That meant that she was able to spend the night at my brother-in-law's ("K2") house and we got to meet baby A. I'm so so thankful! We didn't go to the rally because we had a prior engagement (and we couldn't really do it with our two boys), but I can't wait to watch the whole thing online (I watched the beginning with K).

Thanks, Stewart, thanks Colbert! I never imagined I would have you two of all people (and I do love you guys, don't get me wrong) to thank for the sweet privilege of meeting my one and only niece!

Look at her! Isn't she the sweetest thing? I'm holding her, in my pajamas. I hope you don't mind the photo in my blog, sis. Thank you so much for coming to see us! It was nice to see you too, not just your gorgeous daughter. ;-)

P.S. As a reward for your effort sis, I think Texas should win the world series. Too bad it's 3X1 right now. :-(

2 comments:

Rene said...

Awww . . . sweet post and sweet picture. I'm glad I got to see you guys, too. Thanks for driving out to meet Babe-A.

Aliki2006 said...

Oh my goodness-she looks like such a sweetheart--I love the smile!