Saturday, March 13, 2010

Seeing with Mine Own Eyes

I just thought I'd say, before way too much time has passed, that this past Monday we visited the possible place where we may be moving to this summer. I really liked it, particularly the school where we want the boys to go to.

Thanks to blogging and the introduction from one bloggy friend to another we were referred to an awesome realtor who not only showed us the whole area, but who became a friend in the course of one afternoon. We're looking forward to working with her!

Last week I became quite depressed after I spent some time looking at real estate listing there. It may be that all of a sudden I found myself more attached to this house than I thought I was and there's also the underlying fear that we will only be able to afford a much smaller, "worse" house than this. Visiting the area helped to dissipate some of those fears. K still wants a smaller house, but I'm pleading with him for not too small (only price-wise ;-).

I just baked four "bundt cakes" to make two "8 shaped" cakes to celebrate Kelvin's birthday tomorrow (the last one is finishing baking now, actually). Two of the cakes are vegan (one "fluffy white" and the other chocolate) -- I took the recipes from Vegan Lunchbox* -- because one of Kelvin's friends who's coming tomorrow night is vegan. The other two cakes I'm bringing to the church potluck. I'll try to post pictures later.

Well, I've got to go to bed now. Good night!

* This reminds me that I wanted to order the second edition of the book as well as the new Vegan Lunchbox Around the World one. Oh, and the cake recipes are for cupcakes, but I made them in a small bundt pan (it took a looong time to bake).

2 comments:

Sarah Sometimes said...

This is great news, Lilian!

Unknown said...

AP: Some homeowners who sign up for the government's mortgage assistance program are getting a nasty surprise: Lower credit scores.

For borrowers who are making their payments on time but are on the verge of default, the Obama administration's loan modification program can reduce their credit score as much as 100 points. That makes it harder to get a loan and can present a problem when applying for a new job.