Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Gone Missing

Right before K got out of the door and into the car to leave for his eventful blizzard trip,* I handed him a small camera bag, which he promptly stuffed into his backpack. I, the photo fanatic, thought he might want to photograph the university after his interview, or something, since we couldn't go with him.

Ever since we went digital back in 2003 we've wanted a second small camera since the two cameras we have are old and clunky, with long swivel lenses.** So this past December K bought this one for us, one of the cheapest of the cheap, and we were a happy two camera family over the holidays. This obviously resulted in many more photos, since Kelvin took over the smaller one, but it was a relief not to have to carry the big camera and its bag everywhere anymore.

After his interview was over and K was getting ready to drive home he called me to tell me that he couldn't find the camera anywhere. He looked in the hotel room again, the car, opened his suitcase and bags one more time, and nothing. When he got home he looked again, but it was gone. Too bad...

I just hope that this is not a "bad omen" regarding the interview. ;-)

*I'm thinking of making him a T-shirt with that photo of the car in the blizzard and the words "I Survived the Blizzard of 2010!"

**We don't use the first one anymore and the second one was a kind used gift from a friend who upgrades his camera every year or two. We wish we could afford a decent camera. Someday. I'm considering asking my friend again in a couple of years, though, since he just bought a Canon Rebel in 09. (just kidding!)

1 comment:

Leslie M-B said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for K.

Maybe misplacing the camera wasn't a bad omen, but rather a small price exacted by the gods in exchange for a better future. :)