Thursday, February 18, 2010

Accomplished

While I organize my thoughts (and try to exorcise some demons) so I can write a post on the subject of domesticity, I'll leave you with a list the main things I was able to accomplish today.

- Four loads of laundry, now line-drying in the basement (four loads because I washed the sheets and the boys' bedroom curtains -- their curtain rod broke from the wall and they fell down on the dusty floor)

- Overly full dishwasher started a few minutes ago.

- Cleaned around our flat top counter mounted stove (I lift it up from the bottom and clean around the edges, since stuff gets in there. I just have to be careful so it doesn't fall on my hands).

- Washed the dishes in the sink.

- Cooked brown rice and steamed some broccoli (both in the rice cooker) to eat with the black beans I made yesterday.

- Cleaned and swept the floor of the boys' closet and put away some of their clothes.

- Swept steps from front door to upstairs and the super dirty landing in front of the kitchen.

This is way more that I do most days, but the "to-do" list (which never gets done) pales in comparison (like cleaning all floors of the house -- sweeping & swiffering, mopping the ceramic floors, dusting other surfaces, etc, etc, etc).

Most importantly, I was able to get the boys to do some work, less than they needed, but still some. They are almost caught up now. I wish we could keep up with t he work, that's all, but it's A LOT.

Gotta go run some errands now before dinner, which will be later (we just had a snack)!

2 comments:

Aliki2006 said...

I love finishing a long list of tasks--even simple ones like sweeping or dusting...makes me feel so accomplished!

I never thanked you for the e-mail on cyber schooling. I'm so sorry--thanks for the info. I wish there were a public one in NC--we can't afford to fork out $$ on private. :(

Zee said...

Aaww Lilian, we work a lot, hu? I like taking care of the house but sometimes is just too much. Today is Saturday is usually the day I have to do deep clean!