Saturday, December 19, 2009

I Left the Boys Behind...

... with my parents, and took a bus to Curitiba last night.

I think I've written a bit before about Curitiba, the capital city of the state of Paraná where most of my maternal and paternal extended families lives. I just couldn't bear to come to Brazil and not to come here, so I just did. Cyber schooling made it impossible for us to spare a day to drive here, so I came by myself.

What a blessing that was! I got to talk to my two favorite cousins. I'm staying at the house of my favorite female cousin and I spent the afternoon and evening with my favorite male cousin, his wife and one year old daughter. He's like a brother to me and in addition to spending most vacations in our childhood together we were classmates for five years (grades 8-12). Without the boys to worry about I was able to catch up with him and to really have him and his wife share their experiences of their first year of parenthood. I'll see them tomorrow again.

I'm really tired now, it's past midnight here now, so I have to go to bed.

No comments: