Monday, March 09, 2009

Seven Wonderful Years of Kelvin

Movies

I made this movie using Picasa, it was the easiest thing I've ever made in my life and I'm eternally thankful for Picasa and Google. I think I can finally start making home movies (Micros0ft's Wind0ws M0vie Maker is the worst thing ever). So... thanks Google guys!


From my point of view as a mother this was, hands down, the best birthday I had so far with my first born. The party was yesterday and it was a big success, thanks to all our friends that helped (more on that in a separate post), and today I spent most of the day with him, reminding him that it was his birthday and just enjoying having him as my son.

School got out right around the time when I started pushing 7 years ago (3 pm). As we waited for the children to get on their buses, I scooped Kelvin up into my lap (he's still small and light enough that I can carry him on my hip) and told him that. I also shared it with some of out friends who were around. As he knew that he'd been born at 4:14 he looked at me and asked, "Wow, but it took a long time for me to come out! Over an hour" And I explained that it was not that bad, that other women push for much longer periods. Kelvin is very sympathetic to the suffering that mothers undergo to give birth and he has expressed several times his relief at being a man and not having to experience giving birth ;-).

We didn't get to do anything special after we got home (we were meeting with our realtor tonight), but I gave him tons of hugs and cuddles and cooked macaroni and cheese -- his request for dinner. I will take him out to eat tomorrow, probably. I hope the video works out (I still have to publish and see the post to believe that it did, I'm still a bit incredulous that it can/could be so easy!). So, without further ado, I'll publish the post. :-)

4 comments:

M said...

Happy Birthday, Kelvin!

Dawn said...

LOVED the slideshow! (Don't you miss those sweet little baby hands?) Happy birthday to you both!!!

Aliki2006 said...

The slide show was beautiful! I think I loved most seeing that precious baby face turn into a little boy's face!

Rene said...

Nice work. We enjoyed watching the video. Even baby looked on with interest. :)