Sunday, March 01, 2009

Don't Go to Florida in the Winter...

... Or you may want to move there permanently. We're not planning to, obviously, but during our trip last December we had the idea of suggesting that my in-laws consider buying a house there because my father-in-law is retiring in December. They loved the idea and K is there today with them checking it out (looking at houses, evaluating whether it's a good plan, etc). My in-laws already have an apartment at a coastal city in Northeastern Brazil and they plan to build a house in the state of Sao Paulo (where my parents live), but meanwhile, it would be great for them to be in Florida, a place where most of our family could go visit several times a year (in the winter, preferably :-).

We already have many friends in FL in the town where they're planning to buy. In addition, it's a buyer's market right now and one of our good friends is a reliable real estate agent that can guide my in-laws' through the process. We understand that the situation right now is complicated, but it is not a bad moment to "invest" (hasn't this word taken just such an awful connotation in the past few months?) in a house that most likely we will all be able to enjoy for years to come.

So... all that to say that K is there now (flew yesterday evening and will be back on Tuesday morning) and that perhaps we'll be going to FL quite often in the future.

If only we knew what this future held...

1 comment:

Blossoms Girl said...

Awww, perfect! We are also thinking about moving out of Arizona if we could sell our house for what we paid...odd! I would go to California.
This photo of your boys reminds our trip to CA last Summer. I wish I could live by the beach too. It's so good.
Yes, that cpsia is a big o' bullshit. Sorry. We already liable for products that contain lead. You don't need to test stuff till next year, but I understood that we are liable. I posted something in my comment box. Too much hassle and I don't sell a bunch of stuff anyways.