Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Putting up the Tombstone

I just talked to K on the phone. When I mentioned yesterday's post he laughed a bit (sarcastically) and said,
If on Friday I was burying the house, today I put up the tombstone when I put the 'For Sale' sign up front.
That was a very apt metaphor. Selling the house is the right (if the only) thing to do though, and we're at peace with that. The grief remains, however and we will mourn the loss for quite a while. I will try and post pictures later, to "celebrate" the short lived relationship that we had with this house. RIP.

3 comments:

t1 Diabetes said...

thinking about you... that's hard...

Anjali said...

I wish you and your family the best, Lillian!

Anonymous said...

Lilian, I am sorry things are difficult for you now. We sold our first house in 2001, following my husband's layoff. It felt horrible at the time, but in retrospect it was one of the best things that could have happened. So many good things that have happened for us since wouldn't have been possible if we were still in the old house--now we're thankful that we were forced to sell. Someday you'll look back on all of this and most likely will feel very differently than you do right now. I tell you this only with the hope of helping you to feel more optimistic. Hang in there, your future is bright.