Monday, March 30, 2009

19 Years Today = More than Half Our Lifetimes

This is what happened 19 years ago today.

It's hard to believe that it's been nineteen years, but yes, this year, officially, K and I pass the mark of having known each other for over half of each of our lives. I've been looking forward to this day for years. In fact, I think I calculated when it was going to take place during our first year together (1990). We were 18+ when we met (K 18 and 10 months and I 18 and 8 months), so now, we've known each other longer than not.

I love that idea! I often wish that I'd known him all my life, that we had met as children, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is that on March 30, 1990, we met and that made all the difference.

P.S. I'm just sorry today is such a sad day for us, but this too shall pass (another post coming up). Oh, and I can't find a recent photos of the two of us to share. Sorry!

1 comment:

M said...

I'm glad you had this day to boost your spirits with everything else you're dealing with.