Thursday, June 12, 2008

Quick Update and Suspense

It's almost the middle of the night and I should be sleeping, but I'm checking blogs instead...

There are tons of pictures and stories to share, but I've been busy with family and... getting a new haircut and haircolor (I was going to get plain highlights, but got a nice "balayage" instead -- this is a fancy term for highlights of several colors, some sites say they're hand-painted, but that was not the case).

My brother and sister-in-law are flying to New Zealand tomorrow and we've been able to spend sometime with them, having long lunches together with both families (my parents and my brother's in-laws live only three houses down from each other and are retired) that feel like weekend meals in the middle of the week.

I don't know if I shared that or not (I'm extremely forgetful right now), but my husband is participating of that concurso (competition for a tenure track position) that he registered for (it's not really an application, it's more of a type of registration) back in November last year, when he had just lost his job. It looks like they already had someone in mind for the position before adversing the post because they keep telling him that he should keep trying, etc. -- very very strange, but quite common here. Today he experienced a very surreal moment that has to do with a previous concurso that he almost participated in. I don't know if I'll write about that now, though, maybe someday.

I should go to bed because I'm going to São Paulo tomorrow with my brother and SIL so I can be with K when he finds out the results of the concurso. I'll post about it as soon as I can. We don't really want him to get this position because we never, ever, not in a million years, wanted to live in São Paulo again, but... what if it's meant to be? I really wanted to be there with him tonight so I could hug him tight and we could talk it all over. We haven't really talked in weeks, and on Monday he's flying back home. Blah.

I hope I find the time and energy to share some photos with you. My favorite ones are the fruit photos! :-)

1 comment:

Prisca said...

Can't wait to see the hair and hear about K's results. There is always so much going on for you! I'm glad you keep blogging while you're there. We'd miss you if you didn't!