Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Magic is Here

Fireflies are here and they make summer evenings outside like magic to me. Much better than any Disn3y fake "magic." I wish I had my own photos, but I've borrowed this from the internet...

It's really hot, my hands are even a bit swollen. There's no central air, and I have tons of weeds to pull as well as a need to landscape and plant more flowers. I need lots of energy to keep the boys happy and also work on the yard. Oh, yeah, and I need to write and send out some articles out for publication. I wish I could just sit back, relax, and enjoy the summer, since it's too short for my taste! Oh, yeah, and since its was still pretty cool when I left, summer is starting only today for the boys and I.

Well, sorry for three posts in a day. I could write several more, that's for sure.

Edited to add (at 9:57 pm): there's a firefly here in the room with me, next to the computer desk! I think I need to bring it outside, right? And I need to check the screen.
I'm thankful for the "visit," though, I really appreciated it!


Edited to add 2 (at 10:01):
Even more magic for me! I scooped the firefly up and brought it outside and then, for half a minute, it walked and blinked faintly all over my right hand before taking off. Wonderful!

4 comments:

Sarah Sometimes said...

wow, a lot is happening! welcome home...

Aliki2006 said...

Welcome home!

I love fireflies--they are truly magical.

Cheryl said...

Welcome home.
I watched fireflies out the window yesterday evening, and I felt like I had come home, too.

ArticulateDad said...

I don't remember seeing any fireflies in California... come to think of it, I'm not sure I saw any in Denver. Though, I seem to recall seeing them in Central Europe on my Fulbright. Otherwise, that would have been about a decade without them, except when visiting others. Something charming about those little experiences (I'm sure like your nostalgia over Brazilian fruits).