Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Most Radical (for me) Work Avoidance Tactic

You already know I have work to do. With a deadline looming in the horizon...

But I think I'm going to bed early tonight (if you knew me well you'd be asking at this point -- "WHAT? Did you just say that? You must be kidding me!"). I must be out of my mind, though, because staying up late is just what I do. Always. Sleeping in is my goal in life :-) . But it's not just work avoidance, believe me. I'm just so sleepy today, though... it's almost scary! And last night I did go to bed comparatively early, before midnight (which is very early for me) and slept until 8.

I guess I've just had enough and my body is tired. I may not have recovered yet from staying up most of the night from last Wednesday to Thursday.

Well, wish me luck in writing the conclusion and revising the dissertation tomorrow and the next few days. I keep telling myself over and over "this is the final push, just do it, it'll be over soon," but I still get tired and unmotivated. Blah.

6 comments:

ArticulateDad said...

Go ahead, sleep! It'll make me feel better.

Choco Pie said...

Sweet Dreams! A good night's sleep makes everything easier!

t1 Diabetes said...

You deserve the break!

Aliki2006 said...

Sleep and don't worry about things--you're in the final leg of all this!

Oonie said...

Go, Lilian, go! Go, Lilian, go! The finish line is in sight! Think of it--sleep without guilt! Do you even remember it? It's bliss.
Still so in awe of you, Dr. Lilian--hooray!

Keiko said...

Ai Lilian, eu achei que estava tudo terminado já!!!
Mas bom, dormir é bom, vc merece e vai trabalhar melhor depois...eu, em menor escala, terminei o semestre na segunda, mas ainda nao tive tempo de dormir já que eu TIVE que ler todos os meus blogs atrasados...
e agora vou começar um relatório pra amanhã...

força, força!
bjinho,
keiko