Thursday, February 01, 2007

Confused

I just found out from a phone call from my husband that I spent part of the day under the delusion that it was Wednesday and not Thursday.

I know it doesn't really matter much (unless one misses appointments and such), but still, I hate the feeling of having been "living" in the wrong day in my mind.

During vacations, when I'm at the beach, or traveling abroad for days or weeks, I easily loose track of time and sometimes I don't know what day of the week and of the month it is. This doesn't bother me at all. On a "regular" week it does, though.

There's often an easy explanation and in my case it has to do with the fact that our friends left on Monday afternoon. On Monday morning I took them to Center City to see the Liberty Bell, so it felt like a Sunday because of the sightseeing. I did know, in the back of my mind, that my friends were flying back to Brazil today, a Thursday, but I still got confused.

It's no big deal. I did the laundry, thinking all the time, "Oh, I'm doing the laundry earlier this week" -- ha ha, no such luck! I know I should be happy, the weekend is just around the corner, but it's just strange to feel confused. It's the vulnerability and frailty of the human mind that comes to the surface when something like that happens, and it bothers me.

4 comments:

Juliet said...

That happens to me a lot! Even if I know whar day of the week it is (which I do lose track of from time to time), I rarely know the date of the month. I've been okay with that lately, though. Being pregnant helps. LOL

Aliki2006 said...

This has happened to me, Lilian. I know just what you mean--I find it so unsettling, too. Not long ago I was supposed to me my husband at his work at 4:45. I was good about keeping track of the time and I remember at one point looking at the clock and seeing it say 3:55. Next thing I knew I looked at the clock and it said 4:52! And I hadn't even loaded up the kids in the car and left the house. I felt so disoriented about it and uneasy.

Lioness said...

It happens to me all the time, ALL THE TIME. Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised but the frights i've had, especially during exam season - it's just too much.

Keiko said...

Well...it seems that finally, I'm normal. So happy! ;-)Happens all the time to me as well...

Keiko