Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Odds and Ends

Nominations:

My lovely blogging friend Aliki has nominated me for the Share the Love Blog Awards. I'm very touched that she thinks that mine is one of the Happiest Blogs (that's the category) she knows. If you agree with her, you can vote for me in the coming week (from Feb. 1-6). The rules, and I guess the link to the voting site are/will be here.

I have, in turn, nominated two bloggers: Aliki for "Most Inspiring" blog -- those of you who read her know that she can write very touching and inspiring posts on simple moments of life; and Jo(e) for "Blogger You'd Most Like to Meet." Of course I'd love to meet all of you, but Jo(e) is one of the bloggers I really hope to meet someday. So you should go vote for them too (if you agree with me)!

Job Search:
It looks like there's another possibility, one that we had almost forgotten about. It's a small school in the West Coast that had been contacting my husband since last year about a possible post. It's good to know we may have more than one option, but at the same time it's a bit nerve-racking. The hardest thing will be deciding where to go. One deciding factor may be a possible teaching position (adjunct/ instructor) for me -- if one of the places offers that.

Dissertation:
I really really really need to go back to work in earnest. Today was the first day I did any work in nearly two weeks. I NEED to do this!! Especially if we actually get to have job offers. I've been avoiding this topic here forever, but I'll have to face it. And spend less time blogging too, so I'll wrap this post up right here.

1 comment:

Keiko said...

A puxa! Eu queria votar em vc, sério, mas o gênio da informática não conseguiu...entrei no link q vc disse mas não achei o lugar pra votar...

bom, bom...

Feliz Sábado então!
bjinho,
Keiko