Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Two Years and Counting!

Two years ago today I posted on this blog for the first time.

It's been a very good "journey" so far, as I have recently written about. Reading other blogs has enabled me to connect to other mothers (and a few fathers too) like myself and also taught me so much about other people's experiences. I can confidently say that I am a much more open, empathetic, accepting, and conciliatory person after all that I have experienced online. I have now a greater respect for other people's (particularly mothers') experiences and have become much less judgemental as a result. Of course I still have strong feelings regarding the things that I believe in, but I think that each person's life circumstances are different and people make different choices based on those.

I'm not very motivated to write today (I've been trying to write this since morning), but I wanted to write a post to mark this day one more time. The post I wrote last year is so happy and light hearted, it seems like it was ages ago. Today is not a good day for me to reflect on this, but I think the past year has changed me quite a bit. I got sick, I've been having a hard time being a mom full time, I still have the dissertation looming over my head and a few jobs to apply to. I feel like life is finally catching up with me. But, more on that later... I promise.

5 comments:

Left-handed Trees... said...

Happy blog-anniversary! I hope you find the space to breathe in again soon...
--D.--

Juliet said...

Happy anniversary to your blog! I feel truly blessed to have "met" you. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Happy two-year anniversary! I'm so happy you started your blog!

Lauren D. McKinney said...

You started your blog exactly two days after I started mine. Copycat.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on having reached the 2-yr mark! I hope you feel better soon!