Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Restaurant Savy

These past few days weren't easy for Kelvin, since he wasn't allowed to eat almost every food that he asked to eat. He then began to talk constantly about food, making long lists of his favorite foods, poor thing. On Friday, though, he told me something that I found very amusing. Both boys (but particularly him) love to eat out, even though that's a very rare treat in our household, something that happens once a month, at the most.

"Mama," he said, "when can we go to a restaurant where we can sit down and ask for the food?"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I don't like those restaurants in which we go and get the food. I only like the ones where they bring the food to us!"

Smart, huh? I started laughing, thinking that the last two times we ate out were at IKEA and Panera Bread, places where we go and pick up the food (he did tell me later, though that he did like Panera), and that it has been a while since we've eaten at a sit down and order place :) His favorite is Olive Garden, BTW... it's there that I first saw him eat lettuce, at the age of 2 1/2. Too bad the dressing costs 25 bucks a jar.

2 comments:

Juliet said...

That's cute. ^_^ Maybe you can treat him after he is better? I think you all might deserve dinner out, since you've been so sick these last couple of weeks.

Aliki2006 said...

I hope he's feeling better!

We hardly ever go out to eat, either, and Liam *loves* sit-down restaurants, too. I love eating at IKEA, by the way--I wish we had one here!