Saturday, November 18, 2006

Kelvin's First Haircut (2004)

Well, because I posted several photos of Linton's first haircut from last week I thought it would be just fair to showcase his older brother's as well. Kelvin's first haircut at a hairdresser's took place in Brazil on January 7, 2004 amidst lots of fanfarre and celebration as you can see in this photo:In the mirror you can see daddy taking the photo, mommy (4 months pregnant) filming, and grandma (who was getting a pedicure) observing. Grandpa is not in the photo, but he's seated to the left. Oh, and if you look closely, you can see that he has his granpa's car keys in his hands. He kept locking and unlocking the car during the haircut.

I had previously had to cut his "bangs" which were getting in his eyes in Oct/03, three months earlier, which I did while he was sleeping.

Hair on face:Haircut while baby slept:

Before Kelvin's first "proper" haircut, look at those adorable curls! :
Kelvin and his paternal and maternal grandfathers

Here mama is worried he's going to be afraid and is trying to reassure him, but he handled it like a pro, very differently from his brother last week (the car key did help):
During and after it was finished:












And this was after last week's haircut, and... snif, snif, he doesn't look like a baby anymore :(
Isn't my big boy handsome, though?

P.S. I know it's almost 3 a.m. I should be writing my "sermon" (I'm speaking in church tomorrow), but I'm doing it while I blog. Explanation: it takes so long for the photos to load (we have DSL, not cable) that I just can't bear "wasting" my time writing these posts without being busy with something else at the same time... Let me know if you want to know what I spoke about.

3 comments:

Juliet said...

Kelvin seem so well behaved for his haircut! (I wish that William would be.)

Anyway, he is adorable! ^_^

Anonymous said...

Very cute! And yes, let us know what you spoke about!

Keiko said...

Lilian! Zack nao tem nem 5 meses e jah teve seu primeiro corte! Alguns fiozinhos estavam incomodando na orelha, o pai cortou, com maquina! Ve se pode! ficou horrivel, tadinho...
Agora fala serio! Vc escreve muito, q delicia!Fiquei soh uns dias sem ler e jah tinha tanta leitura atrasada! Como eh q vc da conta??
Tb estou curiosa sobre a pregacao...e sobre a igreja de vcs ai.
Boa semana!
bjinho,
Keiko