Friday, November 17, 2006

Smart Squirrels

Today I had to walk a lot with the boys in the double stroller because I dropped the car off at the garage and then went to the bank, grocery store, etc. They still haven't called, so I don't know what's wrong with the car yet and when it will be ready. I do need it on Sunday, so let's see what happens. (This was at 4 pm. Now I have already picked up the car -- it took more walking, this time in the dark. I'm really glad it's not very cold here now, 15 C/57 F or higher during the day and 10C/50 F this evening).

Anyway, we were passing by the parking lot of a huge pharmacy when we saw a squirrel with something bright in his mouth. I stopped so we could observe it, because it was pretty close. When I looked carefully, I saw what it was -- a Lindt truffle! The blue one which is dark chocolate -- what a smart squirrel!! I felt sorry I didn't have my camera on me (actually I've been pretty depressed because I haven't been able to many photos lately because either the recharcheable battery of my camera is is broken [again] or the charger is).

Then I remembered I had these photos of another smart squirrel that I took at the playground last January: It was very jealous of its pizza slice, even while I was just trying to take photos.

If I have time, I'll have one more post with photos tonight. I'm not participating of NaBloPoMo, but I can also post more often, can't I?

3 comments:

jo(e) said...

I think I would have fought a squirrel for a dark chocolate truffle.

L said...

You know, Jo(e), I actually considered, it, but then I thought that it might have been in the garbage or something :)

Juliet said...

LOL My friend Sarah saw a squirrel with pizza crossing the street once. It gave her a dirty look, too. hehe