Sunday, November 05, 2006

Slowly Getting Better

Things are very slowly getting better here at Casa in Translation. Linton, the youngest, is pretty much all better now -- except that he doesn't want to sleep in his own bed anymore (of course) and still wants to nurse in the middle of the night... sigh. I'm sure that my milk helped him cope better with the virus. He'd been down to pretty much two breastfeeding sessions a day, morning and night, with some night nursing while we were in Massachusetts and when he had a cold, so I had to drink lots of Mother's Milk tea and let him nurse often to get my supply up.

Kelvin is still feeling pretty sick. Like I thought, he didn't vomit again, but yesterday he had diarrhea the whole day and he was very tired, sleeping a lot. Now the challenge is having him restrict his food input to the "BRAT" diet (babnanas, rice, applesauce, toast), or potatoes (which he doesn't like) and pasta. Last night after Linton slept I spent a lot of time with him, just cuddling and talking, it felt great, after a whole weak with Linton constantly in my lap, whining and needy. The good thing with older kids is that you can actually have very nice conversations with them. Kelvin cracks me up sometimes, I have to post some things he's been saying lately.

There are tons of things I want to write about, but it's just a bit tough right now. I hope to be able to do so pretty soon, though, OK?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last few days it was the same in my "Casa",
I gave my Flower the Ultra-levur and I took it myself and were getting better now.
I wish you get better soon. Hugs to all.

Left-handed Trees... said...

So sorry you've been under the weather--hope you're all cleared out soon! You post when you can--remember to breathe, mama...sick kids are tough.

Juliet said...

Good to know everyone is getting better. ^_^

Anonymous said...

I hope Kelvin is feeling a bit better by now!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you won't catch the bug ...