Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lost post & Random comments

I just lost a post I'd written about the woman who ran a marathon and then gave birth seven hours later. You surely must have heard about it already, so it's ok the post is gone, thanks to blogger and/or chrome.

I also wanted to say that I will keep on trying to fulfill my goal of posting more this year than last year, but I will stop numbering the posts... it's annoying me big time. I will do the November (NaBloPoMo) post numbering, but just because I do it every year.

Other random thoughts about life, the seasons, the weather, etc, etc...

Fall weather is really perfect, it's just not better than Spring because of the flowers and looking forward to summer. I feel bad thinking it'll end soon.

I feel I'm too busy and, worst of all, I'm not happy with my teaching of the new class. I wish it could be better. My expectations were just too high... I HATE when that happens (which is a lot for me). And the worst part is thinking that I've committed to teaching this same class to FORTY kids next semester. Because I really really need the money so we can finish paying our debt and can save to try and buy newer, more reliable cars.

2011-2012 will be the year in which I will make the most money in all my life (22K, maybe? I don't even know how much more I'll make by teaching the 40 kids -- STUPID 'cause I need to know if it's worth it, right? I'll email the secretary right now). The previous record was about 18K when I was in graduate school and teaching two classes each semester as well as winter and summer sessions. That was before 9/11 and the crackdown on student visa people (people on student visas can only work 20h/week = one class).

So... yeah. But I cannot talk about money because I hate money and not having it, etc. See? Don't get me started! I have to prepare to teach tomorrow and I'm grumpy that I cannot do my "yogalates" class because the boys don't have school, we don't have child care, and I have to bring them to K after his class is over.

My apologies for the bad mood. I should be better soon. Maybe it was the movie I saw last night.

No comments: