Thursday, October 20, 2011

Benign Acute Myositis, Second time around

It's not as bad as it was back in 2009, since he can walk very slowly and even participated of his soccer practice this afternoon (but didn't run much), but I think Kelvin has "benign acute myositis" again! (here's a more recent medical journal article about it). My blog is actually the second result on Google when one searches for this condition. No wonder once in a while I get comments on that old post.

It's the second time in three years and thankfully I know what is bothering my son... who had (still kind of has) a virus and missed two days of school last week. He went back to school yesterday and today, but has been sleeping as soon as we get home until the next morning (more than 12 hours yesterday). I hope he gets better soon!

Meanwhile, it's a pity I can't help him walk or carry him because I'm struggle with lower back pain (more on that in the next post). We had a tough week, I'm ready for it to be over!

No comments: