Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Day of School - Away

Well, it was the first day of school for my sons, but they just happen to be almost a thousand miles away from their school today.

The school called my cell phone about 9 am, but I couldn't answer since I'm in Canada and that's how I was reminded that it was the first day of school. I talked to the boys' teachers beforehand, but forgot to mention to the secretary and principal that we were going to be away.

We're starting the drive back home tomorrow and today I got to help my lucky sister-in-law who got to see a good friend giving birth on the day before her trip to Brazil. Yesterday afternoon we had walked to the building across the street to see this baby girl's nursery and we had a nice, leisurely talk with our friend Isa, while we felt baby Lys kick inside. Little did we know she would decide to be born today. I think she knew her parents needed M (my sister-in-law) to be there for moral support and that M wanted so much to see the birth.

Best of all, we're here to look after baby N while his mama is away (she still is). He's having a good time with his cousins, giggling a lot at their antics. And the cousins enjoyed playing Bejeweled games while N napped. We're taking him out on the stroller now and I can't wait to see photos of baby L.

No comments: