Wednesday, June 08, 2011

It's a Boy!!!!!

And he's going to be a gorgeous curly haired, blue or green-eyed boy.* [swoon] The first nephew to whom I'm going to be related to by blood. I love him so, so, so much already! Of course I love my four precious nephews and one niece dearly, but I know I will have a special place in my heart for my only brother's children.

My first new year's wish came true -- and because of it, the second wish will have to wait. :(  This is actually the Discrete Joy I blogged about back in March, but now I'm saying it out loud!! I ask my "real-life" friends who read the blog, (probably just Lucy, Cris, Eni, maybe Ci) to still be discrete about it (don't tell anyone else) because my brother hasn't told his friends in Brazil yet...

That's what 2 and a half years of TTC** does to you. Brother was particularly afraid that I or my mom would post about this in facebook back in March (he didn't like how his own friends shared their baby news there), but he doesn't know how much I can't stand facebook. I don't know how he'd feel about me sharing this information semi-anonymously to the whole internets, but I'm not going to ask his permission this time, sorry! Not now that we all know the baby (due in November) is a boy!!

I'm just a bit sad that unless my brother and sister-in-law come to the U.S. next year or go to Brazil between June and August (when we're going) I won't get to meet my dear nephew until he is one or maybe almost two years old. I'm hoping they can come to visit, though, or meet us in Brazil because they can afford it, but we don't (sigh #Ihatemoney).

The story of how this baby came to be is quite interesting, not to say one of "destiny's irony." You may recall that back in 2006 my brother and SIL moved to China. When they started thinking about having a child, my SIL decided they needed to move to another country and she found a job for my brother in New Zealand (I blogged about this here). After trying for 2.5 years and soon after a failed IUI*** my SIL was talking to our mutual friend in NZ who shared the success in conceiving that a friend of hers had with Chinese traditional medicine. After some inquiries SIL found a Chinese doctor (herbalist, acupuncturist) in Auckland and she and my brother started taking the herbal supplements and she had several sessions of acupuncture. One month later, they were looking at a positive test. Isn't that incredible and almost ironic? They left China, but China "came after" them. ;)

So, yeah... after we buy a car (or two) we have to start saving to go to New Zealand, probably in two or three years... I'm hoping I'll get to meet my dear nephew before then, though! (or maybe my brother will get an awesome job in Brazil and relocate there). I hope my brother and SIL have a safe trip -- they are taking a one month vacation and visiting friends in Russia, Sweden, Finland and some other northern European countries. I love my siblings or siblings-in-law's fancy vacations (one BIL & his family are just getting ready to visit four of my favorite cities in Europe: Barcelona, Florence, Venice & Rome. I'm super relieved I've already been there so I'm spared the pain of feeling jealous). ;)

Sorry for the long post, but I'm just SO excited!!

P.S. My nephew will have the nursery decorations that we used for our boys!!

*My brother is a really handsome green-eyed man and my sister-in-law is gorgeous, blue-eyed and (very) curly-haired.
** Trying to Conceive in infertility blogspeak. ;)
*** Intra Uterine Insemination or artificial insemination.

2 comments:

Gabriella said...

How exciting!!!! Hopefully you'll be able to meet him sooner than later!

Aliki2006 said...

Very exciting! I'm so happy for all of you...