Monday, May 30, 2011

7 Years Ago!

At 2:52 in the afternoon, seven years ago, my youngest son, my "baby," was born. It was a joyous day, in spite of the fact that my mother- and father-in-law missed being at the birth for a few hours because they had to fly to TX to be there for my BIL's wedding a week later -- as I left for the hospital, they left for the airport.

And six days later I would fly to TX too, this time with a newborn, surprising the whole family with our presence.  That part was fun! When my husband's grandma saw me inside the car, she exclaimed, "But with who did she leave the baby?" She could not imagine that one would actually travel with a newborn and that the baby was right there with me. :)

I think of that birth with fondness because I know I won't go through that ever again (longtime blog readers will know that I've always felt sad and conflicted about our decision not to have another baby).

His party was two weeks ago, but after going out to eat, we came back to a house full of visitors -- our Brazilian friends from Philly who had stopped by on their way back home after spending the weekend at a camp 1h30 from our house -- so he had friends to play with for a few hours and to sing happy birthday to him once more:
He was so happy! He is a happy boy who brings us lots of joy!

Oh, and last Friday, also the last day of school for my boys, I brought this to his class:
I guess our celebrations for his birthday are officially over now! :)

2 comments:

jo(e) said...

Seven! That's such a great age. I hope he has a wonderful year.

Gabriella said...

Ohhh seven is wondeful!! Happy Birthday!!!