Friday, May 06, 2011

I wish you could read my brain...

... 'cause I write so many great blog posts in my head!

And then I feel utterly frustrated because I don't get to write even a fraction of them. I wish "publishing" wasn't so hard. It's just that I cannot let myself throw out great ideas for posts writing them poorly (like this one, written on the fly).

Obviously it doesn't help that this was finals week and I was BUSY with that last week on Sunday, then on Monday from 8 am to noon, then Tuesday again for several hours, Wednesday for more hours that I thought I would and then yesterday for the better part of the day. My two finals were supposed to be on Monday and Thursday, but I'd made a mistake and listed Tuesday on the syllabus for the Thursday one and then my students bought tickets and made travel plans so I had to accommodate them. sigh.

[digression about teaching begins -- not that I have anything to digress from since this post doesn't exactly have a point or main idea... ;)]
Yesterday I was listening to NPR when this guy -- a police officer -- was talking about his job and he compared it to teaching -- which is not a regular job, but "a calling." Hmmm... I thought, that's exactly the idea that I've been having trouble with for a long time now and I had even forgotten the name for it.

Hey! I'll write this into a post, promise.  [so, unfinished digression -- isn't that crazee?] -- post is written exactly in 20 minutes! so I will try to finish this one now, and it will be even lamer!!

Oh, and the other thing I was busy this week was shopping for bedding - fun!! (returning bedding and finding better and cheaper stuff elsewhere: even more fun!); opening tons of boxes FULL of books, most of which I hadn't seen in nearly a year: what a thrill!

So... not enough energy and time to blog.

I want to finish this off by listing a few posts I really want(ed) to write:

- list flowers I want to plant;
- show how the house is coming along;
- share photos I took this morning for an hours (wild flowers!!);
- think in writing about the summer;
- etc...
I hope I can find the time to blog more. It was one of my few resolutions this year (and I have a post about that in the works for months. Sigh).

No comments: