Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Summing up the Summer

These flowers kind of sum up my summer -- they're beautiful, but they don't last long enough :-). The heat wave from last week subsided a bit and the deliciously cooler nights are already making me sad and frantic -- I don't want the summer to end!!

In any case, the title doesn't much anything to do with what I intend to write here. I just want write two things:

1) Say thank you to Articulate Dad and Aliki for writing incisive comments on my previous post. I needed to hear that, my friends, I have to stop whining and start showing the real satisfaction that I derive from my choices (haven't I said over and over again how much I love spending time with my boys?). And I have to remind myself that I don't have to "use" the PhD for anything, that I learned so much already, that I remain passionate for the things I learned and that, perhaps, in due time, I'll be able to find a way to share those things and that passion with the world.

2) I LOVE the new feed blog list. It saves me a lot of time and it's quite efficient because I don't go clicking aimlessly at blogs anymore just to find the same old posts there. I can quickly read new posts and comment (if I want to). I should have done that a long time ago!

I thought I had a third thing, but I forgot! So I'll come back later for it, OK?

1 comment:

Aliki2006 said...

Sometimes some healthy whining helps clear the system, so don't feel badly! I'm always here to listen...