Thursday, August 13, 2009

Time to Post Again...

I'm sorry if I've abandoned my blog for a little while. If you'd been wondering if there was something going on, well, there was/is. Don't worry, it has nothing to do with our family, we're all well, enjoying the grandparents' visit, trying to survive the super humid hot days and all. We still worry about my uncle who is very weak, but there's nothing we can do about his situation but pray...

So, there's been quite a bit of turmoil lately involving church. And since church is such a big part of our lives we end up getting very wrapped up in all of that unwelcome turmoil. I don't usually blog these things, but this time I'll just mention it quickly. In a nutshell, our young (and inexperienced) pastor just got laid off after short 16 months on the job. We were shell-shocked and outraged, especially because of the politics and the people who were against him and behind the end of his employment. It's complicated, so that's all I'm going to say about that...

He and his wife are good friends of ours and our kids love(d) to play with their kids (a boy and girl, ages 6 and almost 5 -- like Linton). Anyhow, last weekend we had a farewell party for them at our house and that was a lot of work but also very nice. They go back to Canada in two days (he grew up here in the States, but his wife is from Québec)... And there's a lot more that I'm not going to blog because it probably does not interest you in the least and it's also a bit too personal... issues that get complicated because I'm a grandaughter and daughter (oh, and daughter & sister-in-law) of pastors and church organization and politics issues are just tiring and BLAH for me...

So, I'm finally posting to see if I can get back into the swing of things here in blogland. It's so interesting to me how comfortable I feel writing and sharing here instead of doing so at facebook! There I just kind of hide a bit. I comment on friends' posts, but hardly ever write on my own wall. I feel super exposed there... just too many people in my contact list from all "sides" of my life. So, yeah... that's some of what's been going on in our lives.

Next week we'll be busy with the kids. My SIL is coming from Maryland and on Monday and Tuesday (or Wed. if there's a rain day) we're going to Sesame Place with the boys. The first and (thankfully) last time because my boys don't even care for Sesame Street that much anymore! Well, just enough to get them excited about the park. The younger cousins (almost 5 and 3) will probably enjoy more. It'll be fun, but super exhausting for the two mamas, I'm sure. But WAAY better than taking them by myself anywhere.

The mama thing that I dread the most (and which I've done countless times in the past 7 years) is taking them to playgrounds by myself. Is there anything more B.O.R.I.N.G in a mother's life? I doubt it. Two weeks ago when we were in MD, the one time we went to the playground (SIL and I) was so productive! We talked about a zillion things, planned our trip to Brazil, got K to buy his plane ticket (to go with BIL's family), etc.

Mothers of the world, unite! (hahaha) Yeah, that's why I blog. To overcome the loneliness and the boredom that come with motherhood.

Dear internet, will you promise you'll help me not to lose my mind in this upcoming cyber-schooling year? I'm truly afraid of losing my mind. Perhaps I should start a new blog "My year of cyber schooling"-- blah, what a boring title! But, really, maybe I should. That would keep that theme from taking over this blog (as if ANY single theme can take up this blog -- our lives are just too lively and crazy for that? Or at least have been up to now).

OK, gotta go. Thanks for listening. The two of you who are still out there checking my pathetic blog out ;-).
(27 minutes, that's how long it took to write the post, and why it's not so well written)

7 comments:

t1 Diabetes said...

Cyberschool will be... well... nothing but boring, beware! lol
sounds like you are having a peaceful summer... hugs to you!

Oonie said...

You're so funny--I don't adore the playground but it beats the heck out of clearing the table *again* and doing the dishes *again*. At least in my world. I feel like parenting has chained me to the kitchen in a way that life before never did!
And Sesame Place is actually even better with the slightly older kids--they can go on everything and so much of it is a water park, our 3-almost-4 year old won't even do most of the attractions. So good for you for waiting. Enjoy!!

diber said...

Oh man, I have yet to brave Sesame Place. No desire! Ha!

I totally know what you mean about the playgrounds. And M is at the awkward toddler stage where you really have to shadow them, because he can walk/climb a lot, but has no sense of boundaries. *sigh*

Andromeda Jazmon said...

OK girl let's meet at a playground next week. I want to hear all about your year of cyber schooling...

Rene said...

I'm just now learning about the playground boredom, but the best thing I've done so far is take my iPod and listen to a podcast. Have fun with SIL, and let keep us updated on cyber school!

Cheryl said...

That is also one of my biggest fears. But then, I feel rather disconnected around here anyway - somehow I chat with people when I see them, but I haven't really gotten comfortable enough to invite anyone anywhere, etc. So - I fear going out of my mind with no adults to talk to, but I'm used to it. Of course, it will be even worse in a few months when AD moves into his office ... but I guess I'll just have to cope. Maybe it will be enough to prod me to reach out.

Keiko said...

OI Lilian

eu andei suida tb, vida baguncada, back to work...rnfim...

boa sorte no seu ano escolar,e comecem a planejar a segunda vinda aqui,t a??

bjin e feliz sabado (pense, 4 da manha, drmi as 10, acordei as 2 pra preparar a escoal sabatina, agora pra acrodar as 7 pra ir pra igreja...eu tenho que parar com isso...)
keiko