Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Sometimes Being a Mother Makes Things So Much Harder...

I was really moved by this today:


Edited to add: In my browser (Mozilla Firefox) I get the right video, but perhaps you don't so if you don't get the story of the return of the two American journalists from North Korea, here's the direct link, I hope that works. Thanks, Anjali!

I'm so glad that they're back home! I cannot imagine the pain of being kept forcefully away from one's family, and especially one's young child, for five long months! I cried along Euna Lee as she was reunited with her daughter.

My greatest nightmare in life is the unthinkable idea that I might be taken away from my sons and that they'd have to grow up without me. I cannot think too much about this because I just get overcome with despair and fear.

The day that we drove home from the hospital with our first born was a magical day, but it was also a surprisingly scary one. I never imagined how scary the world would feel like after I had this fragile, precious human being to care for. Yes, becoming a parent does change everything, doesn't it?

2 comments:

Anjali said...

Your link is to a post office story -- and I'm pretty sure you weren't moved by it!

BrightenedBoy said...

I was very happy to hear that the journalists were returned, but what stood out for me was the fact that former President Clinton had to intervene to secure their release--that creates a negative public perception of his wife's job performance, whatever the reality behind the scenes.