Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nightmare Mostly Over

For several days I lived through a thick, agonizing "nightmare" of a situation, but now it's mostly over and I can begin to breathe again.

I'm not going over the details because there are too many clearly unbloggable issues, but I almost had to give up my cherished (if also feared) plan of home/cyber schooling the boys this year because people wanted my husband to chair the school board. This would require that our sons go back to school there. I could not accept that, though... it was a sacrifice I wasn't willing to make. At all. K tried a compromise (having me volunteer several days a week so it wouldn't be too different from last year), but that suggestion was not accepted, so I our previous decision still stands.

I don't feel fully relieved yet, but hopefully things will get better -- not just for us, but for everyone -- after the intense, confusing past month. So, I won't be working at the margins again, I'll be at the center of my sons' lives, and hopefully, we'll have a great school year at home and not at school.

No comments: