Thursday, April 19, 2007

Still Searching

So many things to blog about, so little time... but hopefully I'll get to it .

As for now, I'd just like to say that in spite of our previous excitement about the little old house with many trees and lots of land, we decided not to go ahead and try to make an offer. We're going to look at more houses... and we're thinking that maybe it'll be best if we buy a newer and more comfortable home, one that requires only cosmetic work, not anything really comprehensive and which we won't be able to afford anytime soon (this is how it was in that house).

The only problem is that I'm really afraid now of finding a house that I like only to "lose" it days later. I'm not sad about the other house, though. Maybe someday I'll have some beautiful pine trees...

We're going tomorrow morning again, so I have to get some sleep... Talk to you later.

Oh, and thank you so much for all your supportive comments to the previous post!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I'm sending you good house-hunting vibes, Lilian! After having gone through this process last year at this time, I know exactly how you're feeling -- excited and nervous.

Does the market move quickly where you are? Our big luxury here in WI was time: houses sit on the market here for months (and in fact some of the houses we looked at last year are still for sale), just waiting for a buyer. I know you're in a big city, but I'm wondering how much time you think you have between finding a nice house and having to make an offer on it before it's snatched by another buyer.

Take pictures of the houses for us!