Saturday, April 07, 2007

17 years ago today...

Well, if you haven't been reading my blog for longer than a year and you want to find out what happened 17 years ago today, you're going to have to read some older posts! ;)

The beginning of the story is here.

And what happened today, 17 years ago, is described right here. (I just edited the post to correct some minor errors).

Hint -- it's a "boy meets girl" story. So, if you like those and you haven't already read, you can go there and learn a bit more about me and my "better half!"

Very "fittingly" (is there such a word?) today we helped organize the celebration of our dear friends' 25th wedding anniversary. I spent the week scanning old photos of them and their family and ordered, designed and copied a church bulletin for the service. Then, our singing group from church sang a song for them* and I sang a duet** with a friend. Afterwards there was a really nice reception. So, it was a fun, if extremely tiring day (we left home at 9 a.m. and came back after 10 p.m.).

* and ** for Keiko (*"Amor, Amar" by Flávio; **"Canção do Amor" from Valdecir's wedding/Novo Tom's CD)

2 comments:

Aliki2006 said...

What a sweet story, Lilian. It reminds me of my parents, who met at a bus stop in Athens when my dad was returning home from the Peace Corps.

Keiko said...

A Lilian, que bonitinho! 17 anos!! Parabéns, é tempo, hein?
Vcs traduziram as 2 músicas?

Ps- Eu adoro qdo tem recadinhos especiais pra mim nos posts! heheh

bjin,
Keiko