Thursday, January 30, 2014

Life's Good

I mean, my schedule is truly great, so I'm happy, well rested, nearly non-stressed, so life's GOOD this semester (so far)!

Mega-commuting only three days a week as opposed to five makes a big difference, but I'm blown away by how having a couple of mornings home alone really makes ALL the difference! I was going to write a blog post about that, but now that too much time has passed I have to play catch-up and write a more general post.

I have fewer students -- that's a plus! -- and I know most of them already (this brings the stress level way down). I'm also enjoying the handful of new students I have. One little thing depresses me a bit & I hope to blog more about it later, but I'll say what it is: this may be my last semester teaching a literature class in a long time. Sigh...

Other than that, things are going really well. I have a teaching assignment for the summer and I hope I'll have enough students for my class to go forward. K still doesn't know if he'll have funding in the summer (slight panic about this!) so I really need to teach. If he does get funding my class will help us be able to buy the car we desperately need.

Well... this post is supposed to concentrate on the good stuff, not the concerns or worries, but they have a way of seeping through our thoughts and words, don't they? (especially if you're me :(  :-p  )

OK, It's 10 pm and still need to prepare my classes for tomorrow, so I've gotta go! & I hope to post more often from now on!

No comments: