Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Guess What? (weather woes) & Fruit Salad! ;-)

The very second I stepped outside with a heavy basket of washed clothes, it began to sprinkle! Isn't that frustrating? (especially considering my good intentions from earlier today -- see at the end of the post).

Well, let's think positively, any rain means saving money on water for the plants! Water is quite expensive in this little town... to the tune of 80+ dollars a month, due to sewer improvements from a while back... sigh....

I'm back at work in the photo book. I'm sure I can do a good job, maybe even better than what I had initially accomplished. It will take time, though... and I don't know if the 20 dollars coupon will work. :(

Well, let this be a lesson in patience and endurance. And, above all, in being super careful when dealing with browsers, saving, etc. (more patience).

OK, let me share a pretty photo to lighten the mood. I don't even know what...

What about a really pretty fruit salad that my sister-in-law prepared last Friday? (I can't say I helped, I was busy with other things, but I did provide some of the fruit!)
We had a lovely weekend with K's youngest brother ("K4") & his wife & son who visited again for the first time in three years! When they last visited we lived in a rental house and my nephew was 3 months old.  They live in Canada and this is the nephew whose birth I witnessed! "K2" also came with his family and it was lots of fun with gorgeous weather to boot! I'm looking forward to visiting K4 & family in Canada in August. 

OK, let me go back to that book. Whatever happens happens... 

2 comments:

Heidi said...

What fun to have family visit! I'm glad your bad weather was when you were hanging out the laundry instead of when they were here. I mean, there. I guess I'm not there, so I can't say here. :( Anyway, if there had to be bad weather, better it be when your family was already gone.

Rene said...

Beautiful salad. I'm sorry we couldn't be there with everyone to enjoy it.