Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Poolside Blogging

A very boring kind of poolside blogging... At my son's first ever swim meet.

I couldn't be happier that we're going to miss the next two meets!!! (We're going to Florida next week!!!)

This year our 11 year old finally decided to join our town's swim team. He had a bumpy start because  he'd never had swimming lessons, but he's catching up fast! I never had swim lessons in my life & only learned he breast-stroke properly, but my husband had lessons for several years growing up.

Next year I hope that my youngest will do it too, but he needs lessons prior to joining because he feels too self-conscious a out not knowing how to swim correctly. He seems to be enjoying the meet & seeing the other kids swim.

I wish I could be home finishing the Africa trip Shutterfly book which I need to order tonight (coupon expiring)... This meet has 67 events & the pool fits only FOUR lanes, so it'll forever. My son is in race #52...

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Wow! I had no idea that town swim meets were so extensive!