Monday, January 24, 2011

Anxiously Waiting

Do you remember the first item in my "wish list" for 2011?

Well, several hours ago, my sister-in-law underwent an IUI. Please keep her and my brother in your thoughts and prayers for the next two weeks. My brother's worry is not even whether it works or not, but how his wife will take it if it doesn't. He's afraid she might be too disappointed -- how sweet of him!

I hope everything goes well and everyone's dreams and wishes come true in the shape of a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby.

P.S.1 They were told that the "swimmers" were of good quality. :) I keep thinking of them and hoping they get their job done.

P.S.2 Since I've had the "birds and the bees" conversation with my oldest a year and a half ago, I tried to explain to him what was going on. It was a bit confusing, so I think we'll have to go over some things again. I'm still trying to find a nice video or animation that shows fecundation. Meanwhile, we watched this great one about ovulation (still relevant to today's event):
 (sorry, there's an advertisement before it)

No comments: