Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Waiting for Grandma

I want to start posting photos, if only as a way to lift up my own spirits. Isn't this just so cute?

Last Thursday the boys couldn't wait for grandma and grandpa (vovó [the last o sounds like "awe"] and vovô ["oh" without the "u" sound in the end]) to get here. They usually feel elated when daddy gets home from work, but not on that day. Kelvin said: "I'm not glad that daddy's home, I wanted grandma to be here!" Family is such a precious thing and the boys, particularly Kelvin, love to have family members visit us. I guess they've been used to having long visits from the maternal grandparents since they were born. Lately Kelvin has been saying that he wants to go to Brazil to see grandma, he really does miss them and it's hard to live so far away. Thankfully my in-laws are living in Massachusetts now and for a few more years. It was a really short visit (just one night and they left at 5 a.m. on Friday) and Kelvin kept saying he wanted them to stay longer, but it was great to have them see the house for the first time. It was also good motivation to work extra hard on the house last week! That's why we're taking a break this week, we even watched the Netflix movie we've had for almost 2 months (and I did not cancel it yet... let's see). OK, next I want to post some fall photos.

3 comments:

Choco Pie said...

That is absolutely adorable.

kate said...

I love that picture!

Aliki2006 said...

That is a wonderful picture--it says it all!

I hope things are okay with your family, and that man in the hospital.