Monday, June 11, 2007

Light, Camera, Action!

Yesterday we went to the John Heinz at Tinicum National Wildlife Refuge and I roller-bladed (or should I say "in-line skated"?) for the first time in nearly five years while my husband rode his bike and the boys rode their bike and tricycle. I thought it would be a nice opportunity to upload some videos to the blog, particularly because I'm not that bad at skating :).

I just love to skate. My parents bought me a pair of those "over the shoe" skates when I was around 10 years old. Then later I ice-skated at a shopping mall in Brazil several times with my best friends. Then when I was a teenager, I got a new pair of "sneaker" skates that a friend brought from the U.S. A few years after I moved to the U.S. I bought a cheap pair of in-line skates and then later, figure-skating skates. I took two semesters of figure-skating classes at the university and that improved my skating quite a bit! I'm not really good -- I don't really know how to stop, which is pathetic -- but I can skate pretty well and fast. I haven't ice-skated in years either, I guess the last time was when one of my dreams in life came true -- I ice-skated on a frozen lake (twice and then it snowed)!! I was 7 months pregnant with Kelvin, back in 2001-2002 (I don't remember if it was in late December or early January when I skated), but that didn't keep me from skating. I never really fell from skates, I just hate falling and somehow I've been able to keep myself from it. (you can enlarge the photo if you click on it).

Anyway, let's see if I can post three clips from yesterday in the blog. My husband is the cameraman and is doing a narration in Portuguese. He's talking about "Formula One" position, calling us "pilots" and talking about other things Portuguese speakers will understand. You'll also be able to see the boys in action. Kelvin wants a new bicycle already, since he thinks that the 12" one we got for his 5th birthday is too small. The trouble is finding a 16" bike since it's more common to see 18" and 20" inch ones. I think I'm going to have to go to Toys'r*us -- yikes! The resolution of these clips is quite poor since they were filmed in my the photo camera and uploading further reduces it. I just write too much, don't I?

I.


II.


III.

I have a newly removed sopping wet diaper in my hand in this last clip. We have to start potty training (but the withholding problem doesn't help much :( ).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED hearing Portuguese!!!
You all are doing great on your wheels. And you look so glam holding that diaper. ;-)

Keiko said...

kkkkkk, o melhor foi mesmo a narração, principalmente "a patroa vem aí", "mamãe Sena do Brasil" e ao fundo "xixi, xixi"

Eu também tinha um patins de vestir por cima do tênis e patinei muito no Shopping Morumbi com a Nyrlei...praticamente um evento. No lago ainda não consegui, no primeiro inverno não confiava tanto quanto vc nas minhas habilidades pra patinar grávida e neste último foi lerdeza mesmo, quando vimos, os lagos já tinham derretido...

Bjinho,
Keiko

kate said...

That looks like so much fun! And ice skating, too! Here they do a small ice rink in the main plaza every winter, but it is nothing like going on a real lake.

It was fun to hear your husband speaking Portuguese. I can understand most (maybe 85%) of what I read, but it's quite a bit harder to understand what I hear.

Juliet said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I love skating!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Your husband is funny. I like his race car noises. You are quite the skater!