Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Explanation (and Bonus Anecdote)

Some of you may have noticed that I "published" a post (a book review) just now and then pulled it out. I just realized that I had written my blog book tour a full day early since I was under the impression that today was the 7th. I guess it's the first time this happens to me -- I'm ALWAYS late!! :)

This is nothing, compared to the embarrassment that my husband suffered many years ago when he had to present himself to the army in Brazil (draft is mandatory there for all young men who are 18 years of age, but most are just listed as reservists and released from service, only a few randomly chosen serve for a full year before being released from it). He went a day early to the army headquarters where he was scheduled to present himself. Besides missing two days of classes from the university he had to endure a lot of teasing from the officers since they were used to people presenting themselves late, but had never seen anyone come a day early!! ;)

Better early than late, that's for sure. I'll publish my post right at midnight today :)

No comments: