Sunday, January 14, 2007

Good News and Miscelaneous Thoughts

Guess what -- my husband got a campus interview!!! He was getting nervous because he hadn't heard from any other schools in the past two weeks, but now he's feeling more confident. We know we shouldn't get too excited just yet, but it's good to feel at least hopeful that he has the possibility of receiving at least one offer after all.

This has nothing to do with the subject, but I was checking the local PBS station's schedule today (to know when Thomas the train was airing) and I figured that I want to watch this. I generally enjoy the Masterpiece Theater period piece adaptations of literary works, but I hardly ever remember to watch them -- I don't watch any TV because I want to set a good example to my sons. I'd be a TV addict if I didn't just cut it off from my life. In spite of that, I have been seeing a few movies because we have Netflix. We saw this absolutely lovely Iranian film, Children of Heaven, last week and now I'm curious to see all the other films by the director, Majid Majidi. Last night we saw this "funky" British film, Millions, which is cute and last week I watched Whale Rider. I know... most of these are old, but I'm trying to catch up :).

It was lovely to see our friends and their newborn daughter. She has lots of hair, and I simply adore newborns with hair (of course my sons were completely bald). Our beginning with our oldest son was so tough (I should soon post the conclusion to that "saga"), so I always hope that other new parents have less bumpy first weeks and months. Our friend's baby is slightly jaundiced and already quite sleepy, that's how it started with us. I hope all goes well for them.

3 comments:

Aliki2006 said...

Oh, good luck to your husband!

I'm glad the visit with your friend went well--I love babies with hair, too--Liam had hardly any but Tessa had tons of red spiky hair that stood up on end!

ArticulateDad said...

Campus interview: that's good news. Good luck to him, and to your family.

Juliet said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed that your husband's interview goes well.

I don't watch PBS anymore. They say they are commercial free, when there are obvious commercials. Then they thank "viewers like you" last. Then they ask us for money. I'm tempted to call during a pledge drive and say "I will donate money if you stop showing commercials." LOL
William does like Thomas, though. I let him watch the old epsiodes on DVD, with Ringo Starr or George Carlin narrating. I don't care for the new guy. Oh well. Just my opinions. End of rant. LOL