Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The First Day that Wasn't

Today my sons were supposed to be back in school, but they were here in New England with me instead. We have decided to go back home two days earlier (tomorrow night & Friday morning instead of Sunday morning), but their first day will still be on Monday.

It's interesting to see other bloggers or folks on twitter commenting on their children's first days of school and how emotional they are for some people. Not for me. Sure, I did document Kelvin's first day of kindergarten* and 1st grade and I still try to take photos every year, but, other than that, it's not a big deal to me. Neither is it a great "relief" as it seems to be popular in TV commercials ("The most wonderful time of the year?" What? The best thing for you is to be away from your kids? Not to me!!).

I still can't believe they will be going to 6th & 4th grades. Time flies!

*WOW, I had completely forgotten that I was actually planning to cyber-school him (and we SHOULD have! & did two years later) but that I didn't do it because I needed to finish the dissertation. wow! Good thing I did finish!! ;-)

No comments: