Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I Need a NAAAAAP!

And yet, I won't take one. (and I did get home kinda late to take a nap... past 5:30 pm)

Sigh...

And I'm OK with it. It's not even my hyperactivity that's keeping me from napping today (it's hard for me to relax enough to take a nap most days, so I don't do it unless I have a lot of free time).

It's just that... I don't know, I'm not truly exhausted (yet), but my Tuesdays & Thursdays will be insane days and I'm not looking forward to them at all.

I can't be talking about this too much at U#2 because they might tell me I can't do it, but I'm teaching 2 classes at U#1 on top of my three classes at my full-time lecturer gig at U2.

And... wait for it (I may have blogged this already, but maybe not)... On Tu/Th I teach ALL 5 classes. 3 of which are 75 minutes long.

The worst of all is the 1h drive in between in the hottest part of the day.

(have I told you that the car I've been using since last year, our "new to us" car does NOT have air conditioning?)

yeah... you can pity me all right.

In any case, I toil non-stop from 9:30am-5:15pm, not including the commute in the morning if I don't stay overnight at U2's town. (I did last night).

In spite of all that, I think it'll be a good semester, I love my "old" students (have had them for a whole year or at least a semester) and the new students seem to be a great bunch. We'll see.

I've got mixed feelings about the "tele-teaching" which is now in a regular teleconference enabled classroom. Sigh... still better than last Fall with the 100% distance teaching!

Since things are still kinda slow around Casa in Translation I think we'll have a movie night & see Despicable Me which we haven't seen yet (I know, we hardly ever watch movies).

P.S. boys seem to be doing well back in school. I missed being home with them last night as they returned from their first day. Face-timing was not enough. :(  I think I'll come back home every night this semester. It'll cost lots more in gas, but I love to see my boys every night! Sigh...

P.S.II I teach every single day 76 miles away from home. yeah... I win, feMOMhist (you've got 2 more miles, but you don't need to go every day). ;-)  I mean, I clearly loose!!! if you know what I mean...

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Wow! What a busy semester! I hope you do get to see your boys every night. They won't be this age forever.