Friday, December 07, 2012

The Last One!!/ Back "Home"

I'm so thrilled that today is the last day I have to drive 152 miles to work and back every single day of the week!

I have a lull in grading until I give my finals next week (four separate finals, mind you, in three different universities too -- I HAVE to blog about that "teleteaching" gig thingy... I know, I should treat this experiment I was subjected to with more respect, but I just don't. Period.), and then.... I'll be "free" for a few weeks (except that I have a BRAND NEW class to prepare for, but I'm not too stressed out about it, I think it'll be fine).

It will be my very first literature class in 8 long years!! YAY!!! I'm coming back home, baby!

Not to stay, though. If I continue as a lecturer, "home" will continue to be taught by someone else. :(

Yeah, maybe I'm not meant to be a real, grown up, professor. Maybe I'll be in this "in-between" position my whole life. But I know that if that happens it's "meant to be" and it'll be fine!

OK, now I'm ready to write another post about being "in-between" but I need to go shopping for my nephew first!

P.S. Xmas cards are ordered. Picking up the first batch from evil super-store this afternoon and second batch from wholesale store tomorrow. Last batch (first cardstock cards ever, double sided! thanks to cheap super-store options) being mailed sometimes next week. I feel sooooo accomplished! Even though I stayed up until 3 am to 1) design and order the cards; 2) grade. See how the grading came last? yeah, that's why I'm always happy. Duty comes always last. All right, that's not good, I know, but I don't regret it (and that's why I don't care if I don't get the TT job because if I do, that'll have to change and I'm afraid to adapt & put duty first).

No comments: